Please use this checklist to ensure that you have done everything and packed all the essentials for your assessment course. Remember, following successful completion of your assessment and training period, you will most likely travel straight out abroad.
Candidate Login – Ensure that you log into your candidate login and check that all the information and documents requested by the Recruitment Team have been completed. You will not be available for employment until it is all done. If there is any delay in getting anything completed please give us a call and explain the situation.
Health & Safety Information- Please ensure that you have read and understood the Health & Safety Information booklet you can find in you candidate area. If you have any questions or areas you don't understand you can give us a call or speak to one of the Training Team when you arrive in the Isle of Wight.
Bank Accounts- It is important that you organise your bank account if you are hoping to go abroad. Below is a list of things to check:
- Setup Internet Banking so that you can access your accounts abroad and manage any direct debits.
- Ensure that your bank card will allow you to withdraw money abroad and it would be worthwhile checking if there are any charges for withdrawing money abroad. If charges are high you could look at changing your bank account to one that charges less or doesn’t charge at all.
- Check that your bank card is valid for the time period that you will be away. If it expires please order a new one before arriving at the training course.
- After successful completion of your assessment course, you should inform your bank that you are intending to go away for a period of time, as some banks may freeze or cancel your card if you don’t.
European Health Card – If you are hoping to work abroad you will be provided travel insurance free of charge. This will not always cover you for low value treatment or for the purchase of small amounts of medication. We ask that all staff members apply for a European Health Card which is free of charge if you use this website address www.ehic.org.uk . This card will allow you to receive treatment or medication for free, or at a reduced rate in European countries.
Uniform will be provided once your placement has been decided. You will get appropriate trousers, shorts, t-shirts and jumpers however you will need to purchase footwear as detailed below.
Please be aware that whilst on duty, all piercings must be removed and all visible tattoos covered up.
What to Pack!!!
Original Documents (photocopies are not acceptable) – Please pack these somewhere that is easily accessible as you will need these on arrival.
- Valid passport
- Work permit (if not a UK citizen)
- DBS Enhance Disclosure Certificate – completed by In2action
- Relevant and Valid Certificates – Level 3 early years childcare, Paediatric First Aid, Lifeguard, Archery GB Leader, BFA Fencing Leader and BSAC Snorkelling Instructor.
- Valid European Health Card
- Valid P45 or P46 Form
- Small passport sized photo – This can be printed from a computer onto paper but must be passport sized, in colour and show your head and shoulders. It doesn’t need to be done in a photo booth.
- Alarm Clock
- Toiletries – don’t go overboard. You can get these wherever you go to work.
- Money – meals and accommodation are provided whilst on training, so you will not need much money for the training period. Please be aware that there is no cash machine at the training venue. You will only need money for socialising in an evening or if you wish to supplement your meals.
- A pad and pen
- Waterproofs – even in the summer the British weather can bring rain. We will still continue to work outside despite any rain.
- Swimming Kit
- Comfortable clothing for the duration of the course
- Footwear – Sports trainers are ideal as you will be required to run around during some of the practical games.
Additional Items for Resort Life: These can be purchased following successful completion of the course.
- Social/evening wear
- Navy canvas style pumps (shoes) are needed for your uniform. These can be Converse or Toms style shoes but do not need to be branded. Socks should be navy blue or you can wear skin coloured socklets.