It’s a notoriously difficult market to corner, and whilst some companies manage it well, there are others for whom this is an incredibly difficult task. In this blog post we explore just some of the ways in which you could win the pre-school market (and none of them involve employing Peppa Pig).
- It’s got to be safe. Safety is a huge priority and the accommodation and facilities need to be laid out with children in mind. If you can save me having to bring along things like plug socket covers and bed guards, so much the better. If you’re offering kids’ clubs then a security system is absolutely vital, as well as fully trained, qualified and knowledgeable staff who will look after my child. In2action have 15 years’ experience in looking after babies and toddlers in creches all over the world, and we hold our staff teams to high standards – just as parents would wish.
- Make Pre-School your Priority. Whilst there’s much more to running a business than thinking about toddlers, my whole life now revolves around them! So, to make me choose your business out from the hundreds of businesses out there offering low-cost out of season breaks, you are going to need to stand out. In2action’s brand new Play Concept, Play2inspire, is just one way to do this. By including Play Scenes in accommodation, even the ‘down time’ between the pool and tea (or even the ‘witching hour’ before bed) will be just a little bit easier.
- Get us active. Toddlers have SO much energy; and that energy doesn’t take a holiday when they do. Providing high-quality, tailored activities for this age range is a fantastic way to attract parents to your business. Whether this means opening a creche so parents can have some time to relax, or offering inclusive, parent-accompanied sessions so that families can play together, In2action can help. From Messy Monsters to Teddy Bears’ Picnic, we’ve got it covered.
- Back to School. Don’t panic, we’re not suggesting you don a blazer and revert back to the schoolyard, but children of this age are constantly learning and exploring the world around them. If your staff teams or activities can help with that learning, then you are in a fantastic position to create customer loyalty and generate great feedback. We’ve had years of experience designing activities that relate to the Early Years Foundation Stage (a learning and development scheme for children under 5 years old) and we promise they’re so much fun, the kids won’t even realise they are learning! Take for example our brilliant Minibeasts sessions, where children count, identify colours, develop their literacy skills and start to identify species… all whilst heading out on a bug hunt!
- Make it an Ethos. You can have all the fantastic activities you like, with incredible activity leaders in your creche and lovely, kid-centric accommodation – but if the rest of the staff teams struggle to make eye contact with my 2 year old, or refuse to return a high-five on the way into dinner, the experience is lessened. A well-trained team is a high-performing one so if this is something your business needs, In2action can help you with a tailored training schedule to ensure your staff teams are delivering the highest possible levels of customer service at all times.
If you think you could benefit from In2action’s pre-school activity programmes, training or Play2inspire Play Scenes, why not contact us on email@example.com, 01983 200300 or catch us on LinkedIn and your normal social media channels.